Start of a new life

In India your career starts with your decision on what subject you are taking after completing your secondary education. The decision is a tough nut as your whole career path is dependent upon one crucial decision. In most of the cases, the choice is between commerce and science, at least in my experience. I went through the same dilemma as both choices fit my understanding of a good career or lets say I had no clue what I wanted to do in life. After considering all pros and cons and interests and fit, I ultimately reached to the conclusion that engineering is what I would like to do and so physics, chemistry and maths are going to be my friends for the next few years. You can say that it was the start of a new life, at least in poetic sense. 

The plan was to study hard for the next two years, appear for Joint Entrance Examination, get the best rank, study in the best college of India and then take it forward. The road ahead was dependent upon how well can I score in JEE which meant that I had to perfect each and every concepts of basic physics, chemistry and mathematics. I clearly remember the way I had to manage between school, tuition, travel and self study. The right amount of balance was critical as a day had only 24 hours. I would not call myself a very intelligent guy and so the only way to excel was to plan better and study harder.  I did study very hard. The common routine was something like this- rise up early, travel, go to school, travel back, open books, study, travel to tuition, home again, study, sleep. And the best part about that routine was that I use to enjoy it thoroughly. I admit that I uses to love those Irodov's physics problems. Solving those were nothing less than some sort of accomplishment. I always used to be proud of my mathematical skills, though I was more addict to calculus than the arithmetical topics. I remember how I used to avoid family functions and meetups so that I can concentrate on my studies. I remember how I used to avoid watching TV or playing video games which is not easy for a teenager. Fortunately, social networking sites had not evolved so much that time. 

The two years of hard-work did pay off. Needless to say I was among the top JEE rankers. When I look back I think those two years of focus was more important than anything else which paved my path. Indeed the start of a new life got defined by that phase of my life. When I read stories about https://housing.com/, I could connect with the way they are venturing into a new phase and the kind of sacrifices they are making in their journey. A sneak peak into behind the scenes of their marketing journey:

Post a Comment